A few highlights and photos from week #2 of Stephan's life:
Pastor June brought over the Tabor Church Children's Caring Quilt, and both kids found ways to enjoy it throughout the week.
Despite the daily tantrums of screaming and crying for attention, Corynn really loves her little brother and is so sweet and gentle with him. She loves all the gifts she has gotten and especially enjoys all the baby stuff we have gotten out (for Stephan!) that she thinks she should play with again.
| Right now Stephan has no interest in this particular item, so Corynn uses and abuses it all she wants! |
After trying several different ways of sleeping, we have found out that Stephan prefers to be swaddled at night, again despite the warm temperatures. Some nights with his arms in, others with his arms out.
| "Playing" together in Stephan's room |
On Monday I decided it was time for Stephan's first photo shoot, so here are a few of my favorite photos from that 'event.' (Perhaps you'll see these as a few more in his birth announcements, coming soon.)
| Corynn insisted on sneaking in and being in the photos, so I obliged for a bit and actually got a kinda cute photo from it |


It seems like so much work to go outside with an infant. I pretty much have to hold him the entire time since he's still too small for the stroller, so I can't really interact with Corynn while we're out there. I have been avoiding it so far, but Corynn needed to get out of the house and burn off some energy, so I set up a chair in the garage one morning (aka a cool, shady spot) and watched Corynn bike away.
| I think she was enjoying herself! |
We enjoyed several more great meals this week brought in by family and despite the fact that all the grandparents were out of the state over the weekend, we survived and even made it to church for the first time as a family of four!
At his two-week appointment on Wednesday, Stephan weighed 8 lbs 2.6 oz and was in the 34th percentile! Well above his birth weight already (unlike his sister who took a month to get up to her birth weight) and in a double-digit percentile for weight - something we've never experienced with Corynn (even to this day). Everything checked out fine and we are thankful to have a healthy, happy, growing boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment