Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Threshing Days, Triathlon, & Smile

Here's a little glimpse into our week - August 2-8:

Stephan and Anna (my coworker's daughter who was born June 25) met for the first time at Living Rooms by Gayle)
Corynn enjoyed the new dress-up clothes and helmet she got last week from her cousin Adriana. Especially the dance leotards!
Bedtime stories with daddy and the kids
This weekend was the Goessel Threshing Days. Although it was another hot couple of days, we spent most of the day Saturday and late Sunday afternoon in Goessel for the festivities.
Stephan attended his first Threshing Days parade while hanging out with grandma and papa Peters

Corynn had been looking forward to the parade for weeks. She was thrilled with the flag she got, not overly excited to run after and pick up the candy thrown towards her (so I helped her a little), and enjoyed the band, tractors, horses, and fire trucks.

At the Goessel park Saturday afternoon, Stephan and I both got stung by a wasp! I saw it flying around  his face and swatted it away frantically (at which point it stung me)! Stephan started crying but I couldn't see any sign of getting stung, so I thought he was just worked up from my frantic movements. But then I noticed a nice red spot on the top of his head! Poor little guy. We headed to grandma and papa's house just down the street, got some ice on it, and eventually he calmed down and forgot all about it. The good news is we discovered he is not allergic to wasp stings.

On Sunday Kevin had another triathlon in Derby. So our new little family cheered him on. Stephan spent most of the race in the front pack sleeping, but I think he really enjoyed his first triathlon! Especially since daddy came in 1st place.

Can you tell some one is a pretty proud BIG SISTER?!
Corynn wore this OU onesie when she was a month old, so I thought I better try it on Stephan too before he outgrew it. Go Sooners!
Tuesday we went in for weight-check and Stephan weighed in at 8 lbs 14.6 oz ~ gaining like a champ! I also witnessed his first smile on Tuesday!

No comments: