This week - June 4-10 - was Vacation Bible School at Tabor Church! Since my sister-in-laws are the directors, I always offer to help them in any way/place needed. This year they took full advantage of that. On any given day I helped in the kitchen with snacks, set up and cleaned up at the craft center, assisted with childcare (or at least took Corynn off there hands for a few minutes so the other adults could focus on the littler kids), and helped prepare for water play on Friday. I enjoyed the variety and getting to see all the kids throughout the days, and Corynn enjoyed being at church playing in the nursery, outside, and at the playground.
![]() |
| Watching the "big kids" sing during morning worship. She learned the actions and words to the theme song "Take Me To The Water" and would sing it nonstop at home, but not in church. |
![]() |
| The nursery kids putting their offering money into the well. Did you notice that baby Todd came to Bible School too?! |
Overall it was as fun week of VBS for our family and a lot of other little kids as well!
Wednesday afternoon when we got home from church and were sitting eating lunch, we noticed the combines enter our wheat field for harvesting! We'd been waiting for this day and Corynn (and I!) was excited to watch the combines at work! Eventually we ventured into the backyard to get a closer look, but not so close we got covered in dust.
Then our neighbor Ryan stopped his combine and waved us over. He asked if we wanted to ride, so of course we hopped in with him!
![]() |
| This may have been my first combine ride as well (at least the first in a really long time), so I'm not sure who was more excited about it - Corynn or me. Thanks for the ride Ryan! |
Corynn later created her own field to harvest using her cars and puzzle pieces. Such an imagination!
And what week wouldn't be complete without a few dress-up photos! Corynn's cousin Adriana passed along a few more dress-up items to us during the week, and Corynn loved the new pink dress, cape and high heeled shoes! She asks to wear the high heels anytime I tell her it's time to leave and she needs to put her shoes on. Thankfully so far I've convinced her they just stay in the house.
![]() |
| Loving the new dress-up outfit! |
After a busy, hot week, we were all a little worn out and in need of some rest!
Corynn and Kevin left Saturday afternoon for Lawrence where Kevin was racing Sunday morning. Since the doctor suggested I not travel more than an hour from home (and it was going to be a hot weekend), I opted not to go to this race! Kevin's parents and brother were going as well to camp at the race site, so they offered to watch Corynn there, and Corynn was very excited to sleep in a tent with them.
Kevin ended up getting 2nd in his age-group at the 70.3 mile race despite the wind and heat, and although a little lonely, I got to enjoy 24+ hours at home including two long naps!












No comments:
Post a Comment