Sunday, June 17, 2012

Patio Pedicure Party and More

We're in the process of buying a minivan and thus selling our Toyota Matrix (check out this CraigsList link if you're interested in buying: http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/3067480658.html) so while I cleaned out the inside of our vehicle one morning, Corynn zoomed around on her trike and bike in the garage. She FINALLY got the hang of the trike, so now we need to put a little more time into teaching her how to use her leg muscles to pedal the bike consistently!


 

On Friday - June 15 - Corynn had her half birthday!! I tried to make a big deal about it to her, without actually throwing her a birthday party, and I've heard her say a few times now that she's three AND a half, not just three, but the day pretty much just came and went as any other.

On Saturday, however, I planned a Patio Pedicure Party for Corynn and her grandmas in honor of her half birthday, because I thought she deserved a little pampering and extra attention before the baby arrives (due date is only one month away!), and because she was super jealous that I went and got a pedicure the other week and didn't take her along with me. Since Kevin's cousin Sara sells Mary Kay and often has Foot Spa parties, I thought this would be the perfect way for Corynn to enjoy a simpler pedicure!
Soaking her feet in "fizzy" water with her grandmas
Having lip gloss applied to her lips with the help of both grandmas
Checking out her beautiful lips in the mirror - Corynn wasn't too sure about all the lotions (or lip gloss) and just sat quietly with a sad look on her face for most of the party. I think she was pretty tired and thought this was just going to be about toe nail painting, but that was the very last step!
Sara was so great and helped Corynn with her pedicure since I couldn't really bend over to be much help. Here she is rubbing in some special foot lotion before the polish.
The final products - Corynn and mommy's feet. Corynn was thrilled with the glittery pink polish she picked out AND the pretty white flower stickers Sara applied to her big toes!
 Thank you Sara for helping us get a little Saturday afternoon pampering and making it a special weekend for Corynn!

After our pedicure party, and after Corynn fell fast asleep for her afternoon nap, I attempted a mulberry pie for Kevin in honor of Father's Day (since he's been complaining for weeks that I never make pies). I've probably only made 2 or 3 pies in my life and I'm pretty sure they were either chocolate or Toll House pies. This was my first attempt at a fruit pie as well as a double-crust pie. I don't particularly like mulberries, so I won't be eating it, but hopefully Kevin thinks it's edible.

On Father's Day Sunday, we spent the evening at King Park in Hesston with the Peters' family (similar to how we spent Mother's Day). Only this time it was actually hot enough to let the kids enjoy the spray park. Corynn was very excited to wear her swimsuit and pack her towel, but didn't get more than her feet wet!
She did take charge of this sprayer for a little while, but then was ready to play on the playground
Happy Father's Day Kev!
This slipper slide is always the favorite, but Corynn spent a lot of time with Papa running around trying out all of the other equipment too, as well as swinging on the swings.
Myra was a little more hesitant about the slide, and although Jason managed to go down with her once, we asked Corynn if she would hold Myra "on her lap" and go down the slide with her. And without hesitation, she obliged. They were so cute coming out at the end - all smiles! Earlier in the evening Corynn took Myra's hand and led her to the spray park and playground area (with our supervision of course), and acted like such a big helper. This was really the first time I had seen Corynn willingly in "big sister" mode, which gives me hope!
We had a busy day on Sunday, but enjoyed our time with church friends and family, the dad's in our life, good food, and fun smiles!

No comments: