Sunday, June 24, 2012

3 Weeks and Counting...

This week Tuesday, Parents as Teachers hosted an "All Aboard" train event at the BNSF railroad tracks in Newton. After an afternoon in Moundridge at the bank, we headed over to the train tracks to get a close up view inside a real train engine.
Not sure what to think about all those controls inside the engine
Checking out the train from outside
Just down the street near the Rec Center, a fire engine was stationed and available for "tours" as well, so Corynn was excited to go check out the inside and out of the that "engine" as well!
Sitting in the back seat of the fire engine
Since we failed to get a painting done in time for Father's Day, Corynn insisted that we paint a picture for daddy this week. She did a great job of finger painting and we both had fun!
The finished product was a beautiful rainbow
After a fairly uneventful Friday at home, I tried hard to get Corynn to take a nap before we went swimming in the late afternoon. After much procrastination on her part, she actually settled down and fell asleep on the couch upstairs. I don't even give her that location as an option as it's right near my work desk and it's so bright and sunny during the day, but she must have been tired enough that those things didn't matter this day!

Sunday morning was the El Dorado Lake triathlon. We were all up before the sun and Kevin was racing by 7am. Grandma and grandpa Nickel came to the race too which was great (as I figured Corynn would beg to be held often and I wasn't in the best of shape to do a lot of that).
Corynn and grandma enjoyed the playground together while Kevin was out biking and running.
 
After the race (which Kevin won), we met our friends Tim and Charity and their boys - who were traveling through KS from Colorado Springs and had spent the night at our place the night before - for breakfast at a place in El Dorado before they headed on to their destination of Branson, MO. Then our family headed home for some much needed naps before our next event of the day.

In the evening we went to my uncle and aunt's house to celebrate my Grandma Peters' 87th birthday!
Here's the Peters' crew that was in attendance. Unfortunately we were missing my two cousins (who live in Colorado and California) and my other aunt and uncle (in Ohio), but we celebrated nonetheless!
Rod and Linda hosted us, provided a great meal, and even had bubbles on hand to entertain the two little girls. Corynn loved it!
 Somehow Corynn always ropes Papa into playing with her when they're together, so he spent a lot of time with her at the "bubble station" as well as pushing her on the swings (of course)!
I think she could have spent the entire weekend on these swings!
  And Thursday, June 21, 2012 marked one month till my original due date. Now my due date is actually July 16, so only THREE weeks to go!! Most days I feel like they can't come soon enough!
I may not be huge, but I think I've made a little growing progress since January!
We're very anxious to meet this baby and can't wait to share the news with you all! Stay tuned.

No comments: