
Pool time was a must this week as the temperatures continues to soar above 100 degrees. Corynn hauled buckets and watering cans full of water from her pool into other buckets, filling one for each of us (mommy, daddy, Todd, and Corynn) to "dump on our heads;" at least that's what she told me. Only Corynn was the only one who actually poured her bucket of water on her head.

Tuesday morning my aunt Norma called and asked if she and uncle Phil could come over! They had been in Kansas all weekend (from Ohio), but since the A/C went out in their car and was in the shop, they had a few extra days with time to fill.

We enjoyed playing in the sandbox with them for a while, then went inside to cool off, have drinks, and read some stories! It was great to catch up with them since we don't get to see them very often.
Thursday morning we had appointments to get our hair cut from my aunt Jennifer. Corynn had requested that Jenn cut her hair this time, not mommy and grandma, so I obliged. Grandma Peters happened to be over at our house this morning, so she came along to witness the event.
After my trim, it was time for Corynn to sit in the big chair and get her bangs cut.

She wasn't too sure about it all and didn't know if she was supposed to smile or be scared

Pretty serious business

This smirk is about all we got when we asked her to smile. She did great though and sat nicely in the chair the whole time! Not sure what she'll say the next time I ask her who should cut her hair.
In the evening we met our friends Sara and Jackson at the Hesston spray park. Since they moved to Hutchinson we haven't gotten to hang out with them much, so we had lots of playing and catching up to do.

Corynn wasn't too sure about the spray park again, but she was thrilled that there was a playground right next to it.

Jackson and Corynn debating what to do next

Eventually they got the idea that they could drink the water from this one fountain, so that kept them entertained and in the water for quite some time! They were so cute running into the water together, then back out to where we were sitting, then Jackson would ask Corynn to come back with him and they'd go again. It was a great evening with friends!
On Saturday Corynn and I made cinnamon rolls together. She was a big help pouring in the ingredients, constantly wanting to see the dough rising, and supervising as I rolled and cut the dough into rolls. I don't make these often, so it was a big event in our house.

Here were are in our matching aprons after the dough was made and ready to rise
Then we got a little silly for the camera...

We made six pans of cinnamon rolls and they are delicious!
Since I haven't talked just about Corynn lately, here are some of the things I want to remember about her at this age (2 1/2 years or 31 months old):
1) She says, "Mommy look. Is that pretty silly?" She probably says or asks if something is "pretty silly" a couple times a day. It always makes me smile!

She wouldn't admit it, but I thought this post-nap hairdo was "pretty silly"
2) She loves to describe things in steps, like "First I do this, then I do this, and then THIS!" as she is acting something out.
3) She can count to 22, kind of! It usually goes something like this, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22!" When I prompt her with 13, then she'll sometimes just say the odd numbers from there, but rarely puts them all together.
4) She recognizes and names the letters S "for Sam," G "for grandma," C "for Corynn," and O, and is getting better at recognizing all the letters of her name.
5) If we watch TV, she requests to watch the PBS shows "The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That," "Curious George," and her favorite show "Super Why." She'll sing the theme songs to these shows randomly throughout the day, but honestly we only watch them maybe once a week. She also loves to watch the "Dora the Explorer Saves the Day" DVD we have, and now she (and I) knows too much about Dora, Diego, Boots, and Swiper.
6) She started waking up really early a couple weeks ago (like before 6am sometimes) so I convinced her to come crawl in bed with me, so we could both get some more sleep. Now she'll quietly crawl out of her bed and into mine in the mornings - after Kevin has left for work - and pull the sheet over her and go back to sleep!

This particular morning she slept past 8am which is really late for her, but was so cute!
7) Also because of her early mornings, I decided I should probably be making better use of that time, so we're now going on walks/stroller rides every morning, first thing, attempting to get outside before it gets too hot. This is good exercise for me and gets us up and going in the mornings. Thankfully Corynn enjoys her stroller (and the snacks I bring for her) and we enjoy exploring the country roads looking for wildlife, cows, tractors, and anything else out of the ordinary.
No comments:
Post a Comment