Our weekend fun began Friday morning when I got out sidewalk chalk for the first time! Since Corynn has been so into coloring lately, I thought she would enjoy being able to color all over outside - and she did! (However, I think mommy had even more fun.)
Coloring on everything
Covered in chalk from head to toe, literally
Corynn's artwork
And mommy's final masterpiece
On Friday evening we went to Goessel and Corynn enjoyed playing in the park while I played volleyball and Kevin helped shag balls.
Saturday morning we returned to Goessel for the parade. The horses, flags, band/music, and "big trucks" (aka tractors) were a big hit with our little one. After the parade Corynn enjoyed the swings and slides some more before heading to grandpa and grandma's house for a nap. I played and reffed throughout the day, so Corynn was with Kevin or at least one of her grandparents most of the weekend.
Sunday was church as usual and then back to the sand. Because it was once again 100+ degrees, Corynn spent much of the afternoon indoors napping or playing. I had a great (HOT) time at the park this weekend, was excited our team placed 2nd, and thought my brother and company did a great job once again of organizing the sand volleyball tournament. I can't wait for next year already.
2010 second place women's team - Kevin donated the Pinnacle Sports Performance shirts, and Apryl (2nd from the left) was nice enough to tie-dye them for us
In other news, Corynn finally started saying "kitty" on Sunday instead of calling her stuffed cat "meow, meow!" She has also started saying sentences that begin with "I see..." or "I need..."
And she loves the song "The Wheels on the Bus." She knows just about all the verses, but especially likes to sing the "beep, beep, beep" for the horn verse. This isn't the best video of that, but you get the idea. She will typically sing all 3 sets of "beeps" in rhythm in the song, but her first ones here you can hardly hear.
Earlier in the week (August 2-8) I went through several boxes of hand-me-down clothes for Corynn to see what was in store for us when she gets to size 2T and 24 months. Corynn was a big help taking all the clothes out of the boxes, but then insisted on playing in them.
At one point she piled all of her books and stuffed animals in the box and then climbed in as well
For a while she was content sitting in the box looking at books
Even when I was trying to pack up the boxes, she still thought she needed to be in the box. Such a big helper!
No comments:
Post a Comment