If that stress wasn't enough, on Tuesday I woke up in pain all over. I really felt like I had been in a car accident and wondered what happened to me while I slept. My back and neck ached, and every time I took a deep breath, my chest hurt. I moped around all day, took a nap, and went to bed around 8:30pm. Wednesday I felt better, my chest pains were gone, but then started getting a sore throat.
On Thursday Kevin woke up with the full-body and chest aches as well. At this point we determined that this was some kind of illness and not just a bad sleeping position. And perhaps these chest pains were what Corynn was experiencing on Monday. Fortunately I was almost ache free, but I had a severe sore throat by Thursday night. I had decided before getting into bed that I was going in to the doctor the next day, but at some point in the middle of the night the sore throat vanished! Thank goodness!
Not so good was that Kevin was now 2 days behind me with this illness and he had a race to compete in on Sunday - sore throat, aches, and all. Amazingly he still won the race and beat his time from last year at the Rock N' Route Derby Triathlon! And thankfully Corynn did not appear to have any other symptoms past Monday. I would not have wished that pain on her or anyone.
That was our excitement for the week, if you can call it that, but here are a few happier memories in photos and a video - July 26-August 1:
One evening while I was making supper, Corynn found the drawer with the large serving spoons and spatulas. She took out this pancake flipper and headed out of the kitchen. Soon I heard her hitting it on the floor and saying "shoo bee" which she says to flies, spiders, bees, and all bugs. Then she proceeded to scoop up the imaginary bug and went to the trash can, opened the lid, and threw it away. She had observed me swatting flies in our house enough that she was imitating what I do! She doesn't miss a thing!
After I set the table for supper, Corynn climbed up on our kitchen chair and started eating a tortilla I had put on her plate. She looked like such a big girl I just had to take a picture. It wasn't until I was reviewing the pictures on my camera that I realized this one looks like I'm serving Corynn's head for supper. Oops!
Building big towers with papa after supper on Thursday. She came up with this all herself and although it looks like my dad is supporting the tower with his hand, he never actually touched it. We were all pretty impressed she got this to balance and stay standing.
A few of my favorite photos from the triathlon on Sunday:
Admiring the awesome water slides with papa
Enjoying her Kix a little too much
Being silly with mommy while we waited for the awards ceremony (If any of you are Sandlot fans, the hat picture reminds me of the quote, "Hey Smalls! You got a fireplace? Throw that hat in it!")
The "herd" she had to sleep with tonight - 2 babies and their blankets, a kitty, puppy, zebra, and monkey
No comments:
Post a Comment