Sunday, July 25, 2010

Coloring Fun

This week we enjoyed hosting numerous people for supper. On Tuesday my friend Aspen came over for a meal and then showed us the 800+ photos she took from her recent trip to France!

On Friday we invited uncle Kenton and aunt Eunice over since they had recently taken a vacation to the west coast and we wanted to hear more about it. We grilled for supper and enjoyed their company for the rest of the evening.


Corynn wearing aunt Eunice's sunglasses


Waitress Corynn serving her unruly customers (notice how the table isn't even setting on the floor because of their long legs :)

This week Corynn really took to coloring! She crawls on my lap while I'm at my desk and wants to use all my highlighters and pens to "color." I've quickly learned that I can't trust her with anything permanent like those writing utensils, but I'll give her a pencil or crayons and she's pretty happy for a little while. I'm still waiting for the day when I discover she has drawn on the walls and books, but that hasn't happened yet thankfully.


Corynn has also started learning and saying more of the songs she hears - especially the ones her grandmas sing to her. Whenever she wants to go outside and swing, or whenever she sees her swing through the window, she says "swing high, swing back..." because of the song grandma Denise taught us:
"Swing high, swing low, swing back and forth. Swing, swing, swing." Here's a clip of her singing that song and running to the window to look at her swing.


A few more glimpses from the rest of the week - July 19-25:


I found Corynn sprawled out like this one night. I thought it was too funny not to photograph.


As soon as we got to G&G Nickel's house on Sunday, Corynn ran into the garage and with great-grandma's help, came back out in this car - her favorite toy at their house.


Since she got her clothes wet playing in the pool at grandpa and grandma's house, we brought Corynn home on Sunday in just her diaper. Then she put her hat on when we got home and was just too cute - as always!

No comments: