Sunday, June 27, 2010

A New Pool!

This week (June 21-27) I broke down and bought Corynn her own swimming pool. It's certainly not huge, but she has had a lot of fun splashing around in the backyard!



Despite the following pictures, Corynn was extremely whiny this week! I'm pretty sure she was teething, but I sure hope that ends soon! Fortunately, she gave me a break from her tears and complaints by taking some extra long naps.


Showing off her favorite froggy pajamas


Being silly after she climbed onto her toy box


Not sure what she's doing, but it appears she's directing her imaginary choir!

On Saturday evening we watched my cousin Luke. He was so great with Corynn and once Corynn warmed up to him, they had a great time playing together! Unfortunately Corynn refused to go to bed while Luke was here (which was till about 10:30pm), but even after he left, she continued to fuss - until AFTER MIDNIGHT! Normally, I would have had a little more sympathy, but I knew I had to get up at 4am the next morning to leave for Kevin's triathlon! Eventually Corynn and I fell asleep together on the couch in the basement and took a lovely 3 1/2 hour "nap" before our day began again!


Fortunately the lack of sleep was worth it as Kevin won his race on Sunday, and Corynn even cheered a few times for him during the run. Her favorite part though, was playing on the awesome playground after the race ended!


Waiting for daddy on the beach during the swim



Corynn's new word this week was "tee-toe." It took me a little while to figure out what that meant, but I finally determined that it was "cookie." Not exactly sure why she pronounces it like that, but she does, and she quickly figured out where we store the cookies and how to beg for them!

No comments: