Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Easter Egg Hunt

On Thursday I spent the day in Topeka at a training for work. My supervisor and I left around 6:15am and returned shortly after 6pm. It was a long day (especially since I'm used to getting up at 8am), but I was at ease knowing that Corynn was at home with Grandma Janine!

On Friday, Corynn was wild and crazy! Maybe it was the lack of parental supervision the day before, but she was into EVERYTHING! In addition to dumping out a box of cereal on the kitchen floor, she figured out how to power off my work computer! Numerous times during the day Kevin and I said to each other, "What's gotten into her?!"

Sunday was Palm Sunday and we had our first Easter gathering of the season, at grandpa and grandma Nickel's house! This was also Corynn's first real Easter egg hunt, since she was still a little small at Easter last year. Unfortunately Corynn was very ready for a nap during the hunt, but she still sought out a few eggs and presents in the backyard. (Thanks grandpa and grandma for all the goodies!)

In other news, over the past week and a half, we finally started putting Corynn to bed awake. We had gotten into a habit of rocking her to sleep - at night and for naps - and then putting her in her crib. I decided it was probably time for her to learn to fall asleep on her own, although I kind of miss the cuddling. The first two nights she cried for less than 5 minutes, and by the fourth night, she was crawling out of my arms to get into her crib! Needless to say the process went far better than I ever thought it would!

Some new words/sounds Corynn has learned over the past few days include: animal, apple, Elmo, gobble gobble (for a turkey), and quack (for a duck).

Enjoy some more footage from the week - March 22-28:


Playing outside with grandma


Playing with cousin Sam


Hanging out with her buddy Jackson at church Wednesday night


Enjoying some Raisin Bran! Who knew - our little girl loves bran and raisins!


Corynn refuses to lay still while I change her diaper or clothes, so I decided to capture some of her wiggles on camera while we were trying to change both before our Easter lunch on Sunday!


Playing with her stacking train she got for Christmas, but we just got it out this weekend now that she has a nice big CARPETED space to play in the basement! It feels like a whole new room now that it's carpeted and cleaner.

No comments: