Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010!

What an amazing year we have had in the Nickel household! Watching our little girl grow and realizing how much she (and we) have learned in just 12 months, is remarkable!

My mom spent nearly the entire day at our house on Thursday, which was wonderful. (I got a lot of uninterrupted bank work done, which was so nice.) In the evening we went to aunt Pam and uncle Brent's house for a New Year's Eve pizza supper, along with Brent's sister and her husband. We decided that since we'd be heading back to the Goessel area the following morning, we would just spend the night there - that way Corynn could go to bed at a decent time and the adults could stay up as late as we wanted to, guilt-free. Thankfully the kids went to bed around 9pm with little fussing, and amazingly the rest of us managed to stay up past midnight (which I haven't done in quite some time).

Friday morning we went to grandpa and grandma Funk's house for the annual Funk "soup-fest." Grandma Funk also makes (what seems like) hundreds of new years cookies that morning! Because Corynn had been running a fever for a couple days, we decided to leave that gathering shortly after lunch and head home so she could nap in peace.

On Saturday Corynn continued to run a 102-103 degree temperature, so after a call to the on-call pediatrician, we braved the cold weather and went to Immediate Care to get her checked out. Although she showed no other symptoms, except being extra tired and clingy, the doctor said she was getting a mild ear infection, which some antibiotics should take care of.

As far as what else Corynn has been up to... she has learned two new things recently:
1) serious face. She makes this scowling/serious face to EVERYONE! Whether she's happy, mad, confused, or indifferent; everyone or everything that she sees gets this look!
2) temper tantrums! Now whenever she doesn't get something she wants, or I take something away from her that she shouldn't have, she throws a fit. It includes crying, yelling, throwing things, banging her head, and stomping her feet. It's a joy! I captured on the video below just part of one of her tantrums the other morning when I wouldn't let her open one of our cabinets. (I know I'm an awful mom to be videoing my daughter while she's crying and upset!) I've already diagnosed her with the "terrible one's." Has anyone else experienced this, or is our little just that special?



Enjoy a few more photos from this last week of 2009 - December 28-January 3:


She loves to pull all of her books off her shelf. This particular day, she sat down on top of the pile!


Checking out the backyard for snow and kitties


All bundled up to go for a ride in the car


Carrying Mr. Bear around the house - so innocent and cute


Being mischievous with the toilet paper! My mom and I thought she was just playing in the hallway, but when it lasted too long and Corynn was a little too quiet, this is what we found!

No comments: