Sunday, January 10, 2010

Days Without Daddy

This week Corynn and I prepared to spend several days without Kevin. On Thursday Kevin flew to Orlando, FL for a work conference and a couple days of triathlon training. Since we didn't want to spend the long weekend without daddy alone, we packed our bags and headed to my parents for a few days.

Corynn spent the entire day on Saturday with my mom while I worked at the bank in the morning, napped for a couple hours in the afternoon, and went with my dad to his company Christmas party at the Brookville Hotel restaurant in the evening.

As I looked back on the week, I realized I only took one photo and one video this week! I can't believe it! We had a lot of fun this week, but I guess I failed to capture it on film.

Some of the highlights from this week:
- On Monday Corynn stood up several times in the middle of the room, without pulling herself up on anything. This is a first, as she always crawls over to something to hold onto to help her stand!
- All of us came down with colds, which included lots of sneezing, coughing, and blowing runny noses. Kevin and I recovered after a couple days, but Corynn's head cold seems to be lingering a little longer.
- Corynn learned what a sheep/lamb says. Now anytime she sees a picture of or her stuffed Easter lamb, she excitedly and usually very loudly says "BAA."
- Corynn learned to make a clicking nose with her tongue which she does anytime we talk about food; almost as if she's smacking her lips in hunger.
- Corynn is moving away from the scowling look and now has huge open-mouth smiles for nearly everyone! A welcomed change.
- Due to her cold, Corynn did not sleep well this week. She would either wake up coughing or just wake up crying in the middle of the night, and because we felt bad that she wasn't feeling well, she usually ended up in bed with us! Thus, we didn't sleep very well this week (well, Kevin probably did while in Florida)!

Enjoy the one video from this week of Corynn, once again, dancing to the songs of her musical turtle - January 4-10:

No comments: