Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Busy Week (and Weekend Without Daddy)

This was a busy week! Not only did we have our usual weekly outings, but I went into the bank several times to start training my replacements, and Corynn and I visited three different preschools in four days! Everyday I had to check the calendar to see where we needed to go and when.

In addition to those daytime activities, we also hosted my family for supper on Tuesday as an excuse to get together with my aunt Norma who was in the area for the week! It was a great evening with family and we all had a good time catching up with Norma who we don't get to see often enough.

The weekend brought even more activities for us. I think subconsciously I packed our weekend full because Kevin was gone, and that way we wouldn't have time to miss him. (Kevin left early Friday morning, drove to the KC airport and flew to Houston, TX where he had his first triathlon of the season on Sunday. Then will fly back to KC Monday afternoon and hopefully arrive home by supper time.) In fact, at the end of the day Saturday, I counted that I got Corynn in or out of her car seat at least 16 times, just that day! We enjoyed the Harvey County KidFest event, stopped and played at Sam's house in the afternoon, made a couple stops a Dillons, and ended up in Goessel for part of the evening.

Sunday was Palm Sunday and Corynn was looking forward to carrying her palm branch in the church processional that morning. I "herded" some of the little girls, including Corynn, down the center aisle, at the beginning of the service, and Corynn went willingly and even waved her branches a few times.

After church Corynn and I headed to my parent's house for lunch and naps (or was it just lunch and play time)?


We captured a few smiles with the palm branches since daddy missed out on seeing her in action.


We also all wore our "Nickel Racing Support Crew" t-shirts that afternoon in honor of Kevin's race that morning. I created and had these t-shirts printed so all his fans could look official at his races in the future! And Kevin did great in the race, by the way! (You can read more on his blog at http://kevinnickel.blogspot.com/2012/04/texas-703-report.html)

By mid-afternoon it was time for the Funk Family Easter festivities, so we headed over to great-grandpa and grandma Funk's house for the annual Easter hunt and dinner!


Corynn had fun searching around the yard for bags or gifts that had her name on them. "This one says C-O-R-Y-N-N" she would say!


The great-grandkids in attendance


Three generations in our matching t-shirts! (If you can't read the front of the shirts, they say "i CHEER because he TRIS!") Grandpa Nickel was also wearing his green shirt, but we didn't get him in a photo.

So we survived our busy, busy week of running around! We did miss daddy and were sorry we couldn't be at his race to watch him compete, but we'll sure be glad when he comes back home tomorrow!

P.S. If you have any advice on preschools (especially in Newton), please let me know.

No comments: