Sunday, February 5, 2012

Groundhog Prediction

What amazing weather we have been having lately! It's the end of January/beginning of February and we're playing outside almost daily; sometimes without coats on!! Corynn and I went on a few walks this week - which was a first in many months - played at her playhouse, pulled out dead plants in the flower bed (since green shoots were appearing), and got out her tricycle and bubbles. It's no wonder the groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter, since we haven't really had a winter yet!

Corynn's new favorite thing to do at her playhouse is to bring out baby Todd and his stroller, as well as her basket full of plastic fruits and vegetables. Then either she or I (or whoever takes her outside) sits at the top of the slide and sends down each piece of food in hopes that it will land in the stroller at the bottom of the slide. If it misses, Corynn cackles in laughter and commands I pick it up. Then every once in a while Todd or Corynn also slides down the slide, but mostly it's just the plastic food items.


In the second photo you can see an orange carrot coming down in front of baby Todd, to illustrate her new found fun.

And since I don't think I've ever posted photos of the inside of the lighthouse playhouse, I thought I would since I happened to take some this week.

Standing in the doorway, looking up


Corynn heading down the lower ladder (for some reason she's in a phase where she won't come down the slide, so she crawls back down the ladders inside)

And since Todd and his stroller are often outside anyway, Corynn figured out a way to take Todd (and the stroller) with her on her trike rides around the yard.


Here it is in motion:



On Wednesday it was 60+ degrees so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat our lunch outside on the patio!

Can't believe it's February 1 and we weren't wearing coats and were having a picnic outside! Love it!

And when we weren't able to be outside this week - because mommy is boring and has to work part of the day - Corynn entertained herself with a big box that came in the mail for daddy earlier in the week.


Not only was this box used for a "Corynn-in-a-box" (with music and all), it was also a crib for her babies and animals, a storage spot for lots of random toys, and was just a good place to hide

On Saturday we actually had one more Christmas gathering with the extended Peters' family. My cousins from Colorado could both finally make it home, so we took that opportunity to get together and eat some delicious food. Unfortunately I left my camera in the car, but Corynn had fun running around, hanging out with papa and grandma Peters, as well as her cousin Myra and aunt and uncles, and we all enjoyed catching up with my cousins! And selfishly I was so glad to get another big Christmas meal since I finally had an appetite to eat!!!

No comments: