Sunday, October 16, 2011

Papa's Pumpkin Patch 2011

On Friday of this week - Oct. 10-16 - we met some of the Nickel family at Papa's Pumpkin Patch near Goessel. Corynn and I have been talking about when to go all month, so it was great when we finally found a time and could meet Sam, Sophia, Pam, Brent, Eunice and grandma Nickel there as well. Plus the beautiful, cool, sunny day was a huge plus!


Corynn has been talking about playing in the corn ever since I mentioned the pumpkin patch back in September. Once she even informed me that she was going to bring her own buckets and shovels to play with in the corn. But thankfully we did not haul all of our toys there because there were plenty of toys for everyone!


Dumping the corn out of her shoe


She probably could have played in here for hours, but eventually we convinced her to leave the precious corn behind so we could get to the pumpkins.


She really enjoyed taking the corn off the cob with this contraption


One silly family - Sam, Sophia, & Corynn


Sam even volunteered to pull Corynn in the wagon so we'd get to the pumpkins quicker - it was so cute!


But alas, before we got to the pumpkins, we made another detour to the playground and mountains of tires. Eventually I just left Corynn at the tires with aunt Pam and went and cut a wagon full of pumpkins. Corynn came out into the patch for a few minutes, but wasn't really excited about picking out the perfect pumpkin. She was more interested in riding in the wagon and getting back to the fun things to play with.


One more cousin photo at the pumpkin patch - this was the best one I got even though none of them are really smiling. At least they weren't frowning and were all looking in the same relative direction.


After some more convincing to get her out of the sand pile, I talked her into going down the big slide (a few times)

After a hay rack ride with grandma around the property, Corynn wanted to go back to the corn and try out the slide again, so we hung around for a while after the rest of the family had left.



Our annual picture by the big wagon


Trying out all the different peep holes

After 2 1/2 hours at Papa's Pumpkin Patch I decided it was time for us to leave. It's probably a good thing we're going back in a week with our Sunday School class, because I'm not sure Corynn had enough time to do everything she wanted! :) I'm sure we'll have just as much fun the next time!

And now a glimpse into Corynn's future as a track (or maybe cross country) star...


She ran this lap of our circle driveway probably 7 times this particular morning. A couple times I humored her and timed it, and once or twice I raced with her, but mostly she just did it on her own. When grandma showed up for lunch, she had to show off her new game.

No comments: