
All of her sweet curls came back!

But she had this one extra long curl in the back, which was actually really cute, just 2 inches longer than the rest of her hair. And since her bangs were almost hanging in her eyes, I thought it might be time for Corynn's first hair cut - 5/12/2011!
Since it wasn't an all-out cut, I figured I could handle doing it myself - with my mom's help and Kevin capturing the moment on camera.

Trying to get Corynn to sit still was a struggle...

So grandma put her in a head lock and I cut off the infamous curl for the baby book!
And then I quickly trimmed her bangs:
The haircut didn't even phase Corynn - once we were done - but I felt immediate guilt for cutting off her precious curls. It took me a few days to convince myself her curls would grow back, Corynn couldn't care less, and it does look a little nicer now that it's all even.
Here is some of our excitement from the rest of the week - May 9-15 - specifically Sunday:

The two-year-old Sunday school class heard the story about the great banquet and had a party of their own in class. Since I was the helper, I captured a few fun photos from the event.

Even though it was cool and cloudy, Corynn and I tagged along with Kevin to the lake Sunday afternoon so he could get his swim in for the day. We enjoyed playing in the car, reading books, and eating snacks!

Do you see the purple line on Corynn's forehead? She apparently ran into our bedroom door Sunday night just before it was time for bed. Kevin and I were in another room, but we heard the thud and then the crying and came running. I looked for bleeding or a bruise when I got to Corynn, but saw neither. Then when I was asking her what happened, this bruise appeared and immediately swelled up! We tried to put ice on it for while, but she did not enjoy that! Eventually she calmed down and we were able to put her to bed a little later than we had planned.

Someone found daddy's goggles and loves being silly!

Corynn's had a lot of fun playing with (and without) the couch cushions this week. Sometimes they're part of her house, other times it's a bed for her or her baby dolls to sleep in. Such an imagination!
No comments:
Post a Comment