Sunday, April 10, 2011

30 Wishes!

This past Friday was my 30th birthday! I still can't believe it ~ that sounds so old!

I woke up in the morning to a house filled with streamers and balloons - what a happy surprise on a day I was dreading.


Then waiting for me in the kitchen was this:

No, Kevin didn't get the year wrong. Every time he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him I just wanted to be 27 again, because that didn't sound quite as old. So he had Dairy Queen put "27" on my ice cream cake on purpose. So creative!!

Then I opened a big present to find a new, very comfortable office chair (once Kevin put it together for me). A big step up from the folding chair I had been using.


Corynn helped me break it in

Other than that it was a pretty typical Friday morning, but it was A MUCH better day than I had anticipated my 30th birth day to be.

In the evening we travelled to Hutchinson for the annual Kansas MCC Sale. We got there early and ate some delicious German food. Then Kevin had to work at the Run for Relief booth for an hour, so Corynn and I found some other things to do.

The slide was a HUGE hit!

First we went down with grandma Nickel and cousin Sam, but we got stuck at the top of the last hump and had to push our way down the rest of the way.


Then Corynn and I went down again and nearly got airborne we were going so fast, and slid right off the end of the slide. Corynn begged to do the slide again and again, but we rode the tractor around for a while instead.


Maybe next year we'll leave more time (and bring more money) for the big slide!! But it was a beautiful evening to spend outside at the Sale!

On Sunday evening my family came over to our house to celebrate my birthday some more. We had a delicious meal thanks to my mom, and then enjoyed the evening outside. The men helped pick up, deliver, and put together our new patio furniture we had recently ordered.




Corynn tried out the new table and chairs once they were all together.

And my mom had this t-shirt quilt made for me for my birthday! All my favorite t-shirts from high school and college. I love how it turned out!


And a few more random photos from the week - April 4-10:


Post-sleep crazy hair-dos


Talking on her play phone - look mom, no hands!







Wearing mom's flip flops around the house


Easter bucket fun


A new way to play with her markers - and she discovered this all by herself!






Singing one of her favorite songs "Baby Beluga"


And of course, the week wouldn't be complete without a picture of Corynn and cousin Myra - here Corynn is playing with the zippers on Myra's jeans.

No comments: