Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sweet Songs

Singing was a huge part of our week! When she wasn't singing herself, Corynn would flip through her 100+ page Bible songs book and say "Mommy, what is this song?" and I would have to sing part of it for her or she'd continue to ask that question over and over again! This goes on for probably 20 or 30 songs, or until she gets bored with it. But the best part was that during the week Corynn would break into singing these Bible songs herself - songs I didn't realize she knew for memory, like "The B-I-B-L-E," "It's Me Oh Lord," "Who Built the Ark?" and "Swing Low Sweet Chariot." It warmed my heart and is so cute to listen to!

Her other favorite thing to do this week was singing songs out of her Winnie the Pooh story/song book. She has a CD player that plays all of these songs (without the words), but we've read the book together enough that she associates the pictures with the different songs. Watch for yourself as she sings through nearly the entire book.



The bad part about the week is that Corynn continued to fight me about taking naps; so 3 days this week she went without that extra rest. And if it wasn't enough that she simply didn't sleep, on Tuesday she proceeded to scream at me for 2 hours - long after I had given up trying to get her to rest. Obviously she was tired, but there was no convincing her of that! In the midst of that tantrum, I put her in her bedroom crib, but within moments she had climbed out and came running for me. Once I made sure she wasn't injured, I put her back in her crib to see how she got out and decided to video it for proof. A little glimpse into my Tuesday afternoon - perhaps a side of Corynn you've never seen before (thankfully!):




This is where Corynn pretended to take a nap Tuesday afternoon

Even though Tuesday afternoon was trying, once it was over I could look back and laugh about it. And of course, 5 minutes after the crying stopped, Corynn was her cute, sweet self again! Here is more evidence of those happier moments from this week - March 7-13:


Meticulously coloring (or writing secret notes, I'm not sure)


Busy, busy!


Tea party fun


Apparently our mild potty training efforts are having some effect on Corynn. There was a lot of "pottying" going on in this tub this particular afternoon, but none in the real potty chair!


Everything seems to be a "horsey" these days - especially the backs of the chairs!


Blowing bubbles at sunset. I was excited to see she had figured out how to blow them herself - thanks to her grandmas!


Sweet Myra spent two mornings with us this week! I loved the feet on her little sleeper this day!


Daddy put Corynn in charge of holding Myra's feet (while I ran upstairs to do a quick errand). She took that task very seriously and didn't let go of them the entire time she sat on his lap.

No comments: