Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring and St. Patrick's Day

Yeah for springtime weather and being able to wear short sleeves! This week we enjoyed several days of 70 and 80 degree heat, opening the windows, and playing outside.


I put the training wheels on Corynn's bike this week, and although she doesn't really know how to pedal yet, she loves to sit on the bike and pretend to ride.

Corynn and I went to a couple WDC church basketball games this week that both of my brothers and uncle Kenton were playing in. I enjoyed the basketball and Corynn enjoyed running around in the Bethel gym and up and down on the bleachers.

Thursday - Saint Patty's Day - was one of those warmer days, so I put Corynn in a cute, green, spring dress. That in combination with her adorable piggies made even Kevin say "Look at you! You are too cute!"


Reading a bedtime story with daddy on his bike.

Since Kevin is a big wedding-pooper, Corynn and I went to my college friend's wedding together on Saturday. I didn't realize till after we were both dressed, that we were dressed alike.


Last weekend my grandma Peters had surgery, so my aunt Norma from Ohio came to Kansas for most of this week to spend time with her during recovery. We were fortunate to have lunch and spend the afternoon with her at my parent's house on Sunday. It was an unfortunate circumstance that Norma came to visit, but we're never sorry to see her!


Reading stories with aunt Norma


More stories, play-time, and smiles and papa and grandma Peters' house


Sunday afternoon naps in the glider rocker with Papa have been a tradition ever since Corynn was only a few weeks old. Look how she's grown!! And Papa doesn't mind at all - I told him this week that she'll probably still be taking naps on his lap when she's 13! :)

A few more photos and comments from our week - March 14-20:


Corynn's hair is getting longer and longer, so I tried to give her a Mohawk in the bathtub this week!

One day this week Corynn brought me a pretend pizza to eat (actually a purple washcloth). I asked her what kind of pizza it was and she said "purple-roni pizza." Pretty creative coming from a 2 year old!

Corynn likes to pretend our laundry basket is a swimming pool, but this week she thought she needed to wear her suits too. She pulled out nearly all of her swim suits from the bottom drawer of her dresser, brought them to our room, and insisted she put them on over her clothes!



Diving into the "pool'


Going night night in the "pool"

No comments: