Sunday, January 23, 2011

Terrible Two's?

None of my pictures ever portray our little girl as anything but cute and silly, but believe me, she's got a temper and an attitude too!

This week I heard the word "no" more than I cared for. Usually it was in the form of "NO, NO, NO, NO!" Just lovely! And Corynn also decided all of her toys (and sometimes her food) needed to be thrown at some point or another during the week. Thankfully she'd usually announce, "I throw baby" for example and then do it. So if I heard her say something particularly dangerous was about to be thrown, I could quickly go stop the process. Which inevitably lead to another tantrum and crying fit! I'm pretty sure the terrible two's have arrived at our house! I give them permission to leave as soon as they want!

In more enjoyable news, Corynn finally mastered counting to 10 this week. For a while she left out 7, and then it was just 4 she would skip over; but this week she decided she needed them all! Now she even adds 12 and 13 at the end too!

Some of my favorite memories from this week include:

- Corynn asking me "Where is Santa by now?" and a couple days later "Where is Camille by now?"
- the way Corynn says "smoke" when reading her color train story book (you just have to hear it for yourself)
- the fact that Corynn asked 3 times on Sunday to sit on the potty!! Yeah for potty training herself!
- her saying, "Corynn hold mommy" when she wants to be held.
- after asking Kevin a 'yes' or 'no' question, Corynn chimes in from the other room "uh huh."

Corynn's imagination continues to amaze me as this week all her babies came to life. Constantly throughout the day her baby dolls are "crying" and for some reason I always have to hold them when that happens. Even after she changes their diapers, swaddles them, gives them a bottle, and burps them, they still keep crying. What's even better is that she adds the crying sound affects. Some days she'll be coloring or doing something completely different, then suddenly jump up and say "baby Amy's crying" and run across the house to soothe her! I can't imagine what's going through her little head!

A recap of our week with a few photos - January 17-23:

Icy roads on Thursday forced us to cancel our plans to go to playgroup which Corynn had been looking forward to all week! :(

Corynn and I went to my aunt Jenn's hair salon so I could get a haircut (and perm!) on Friday afternoon. Even though it was exactly during her nap time, Corynn did great entertaining herself for the 2+ hours we were there.

Don't worry, we didn't cut her hair; Jenn just let Corynn sit in the big chair for a little bit while there was a lapse in customers. Amazingly (perhaps because she was so tired) Corynn sat so nicely and still while Jenn combed her hair for several minutes.

No comment - ask uncle Kent

On Sunday Corynn and I stayed at my parent's house for the afternoon and evening while Kevin had some other plans. We had a fun time doing a little bit of everything with them, including...


Visiting great-grandma Peters


Being silly and relaxing with grandpa Peters


Helping grandma wash dishes - twice!

No comments: