On Saturday, Corynn and I went to the Harvey County Kid Fest hosted at a school in Newton. We attempted to pick up freebies and talk to people at numerous booths, but Corynn just wanted to run out the door, so I was constantly chasing after her. The best part of the day was after checking out the booths, I decided to go to the free car seat check and have our hand-me-down car seat installation double-checked in my old car. Turns out the car seat we had was about to expire (since they apparently are only good for 7 years), so they GAVE us a brand new one! I couldn't have scored a better deal that day if I had tried. Thank you Safe Kids!
We listen to several different kids CDs nearly everyday. Several sing bible songs, one is all about colors, and another includes nursery rhymes. Corynn has started to recognize several of the bible songs - specifically "Jesus Loves Me" and "Deep and Wide," and any song with the word "knock" in it - and will come running to me with a big smile when they begin to play. She also started saying the word "bible" and knows where it comes in the song "Jesus Loves Me." In fact, one day I was humming "Jesus Loves Me" to her before nap time and as I came to the end of the song where it says "the Bible tells me so," Corynn said "bible" just at the right spot.
Besides 'bible,' Corynn has also started saying 'diaper' and 'bowl.' In fact now when she wants a snack, I ask her to get a bowl and she'll go to our Lazy Susan cabinet filled with sour cream containers and the like, and pick out a bowl she would like filled with a snack - surprisingly she'll usually pick up a yogurt container or one of the smallest options in the cabinet.
One day while we were playing with her doll, I asked Corynn what her doll was doing since she was awake - her babies are ALWAYS going 'night night,' so I thought I'd throw her off guard. I asked her if her baby knew pat-a-cake and without a second thought, Corynn took her baby out of the stroller, held on to each of her arms and started clapping her dolls hands together - just like she does for pat-a-cake! I continued to say the whole rhyme and I think there was even a bit of "rolling" happening with the baby's arms during that part of the poem! What a smarty!
Enjoy a few shots from the week - April 5-11:
Playing peek-a-boo from under her crib
Sweet smiles while we were playing in her room
Stuffing her face with a morning snack
One of her new favorite things is her booster seat. She literally drags this chair around the entire house, wherever she thinks she'll need a place to sit. Then she'll find a book or toy and sit in her chair and enjoy it.
A birthday photo with my little girl, at sunset (unfortunately it was past Corynn's bedtime, so no smiles from her)
She pulls our aprons out of the kitchen drawer nearly daily and tries to put them on. I helped her tie this one on and she ran around all morning with it on.
We finally hung Corynn's swing outside and she LOVES it!
Corynn and grandma posing in their pretty purples
We celebrated my birthday at my parent's house with my brothers on Sunday. Corynn tried to help me blow out ALL of my candles!
No comments:
Post a Comment