Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fun with Grandpa & Grandma

Monday was Labor Day and since Kevin was in Colorado, Corynn and I spent the day at my parent's house. Corynn had so much fun getting so much attention from everyone, all day. In the evening my mom and I had a meeting at church, so Corynn stayed at home with my dad - their first time alone together. Although my dad was a little nervous about the experience, it appeared that he did just fine and even volunteered to do it again.

Here are a few photos of Corynn enjoying her day with grandpa and grandma:


Playing in the kitchen with ALL her toys


I love her expression. I think she's thinking, "Um, should I get help? Is grandpa all right?"


Corynn discovered the computer keyboard and loved banging on it (I don't let her near mine at home)


Talking to grandpa through the window


For some reason she was infatuated with the ends of the dining room chairs, and insisted on tasting them

On Saturday, Corynn and I woke up early and went to the Goessel High School volleyball tournament to watch my mentee (from church) play. Neither the noisy crowd, whistles, nor buzzer seemed to bother Corynn, and she sure enjoyed entertaining anyone sitting near us with her wiggles and silly smiles.

In the afternoon, Kevin and I were determined to clean out our garage, which had gotten so dirty and unorganized over the past few months. It seemed like a huge task, but by suppertime, we had accomplished our mission. While we unpacked shelves, swept, and reorganized, Corynn enjoyed time in her stroller, her exersaucer, and her "new" swing which we hung from some bike hooks in the garage. She had never used this swing before (that grandma Nickel picked up for us at a garage sale), but she love it!




On Sunday my mentee was baptized at Alexanderwohl Church, so I went there and enjoyed the beautiful service she helped plan. Kevin had obligations at Tabor Church, so he and Corynn went there. We all met up afterwards for lunch at my parent's house, along with uncle Kent. We always appreciate the great food my mom cooks up and a relaxing afternoon with family!



Hanging out with Uncle Kent

No comments: