Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

This week Corynn finally mastered the art of rolling over. For so long she refused to roll from her tummy to back, but this week she realized how much fun it could be. Now she's on the move, rolling just about anywhere!

On Tuesday morning, Corynn decided to sleep in till 11am. I love sleeping in (and miss it dearly) so when this happened, it warmed my heart to see my daughter taking after me (although I did check in on her several times after I woke up to make sure she was still breathing)! Unfortunately this late sleeping "habit" only happened this once!

On Wednesday afternoon, I needed to run into the bank, so Grandma Denise and cousin Sam came over to play with Corynn! I think she slept through half of their visit, but I heard they still had a good time playing together.

Grandma Janine had the day off on Friday (because of the Saturday holiday), so she spent a good portion of it with us! Corynn loves playing with her grandmas, so this extra time was a special treat. In the evening Grandpa Delbert and uncle Kenton came over too and we all had supper together. Then my mom and I went to see a movie and left Corynn with the "boys" at home! I think she gave them some challenges, but amazingly was sleeping when I returned home after 10pm! It was a nice evening out with my mom, and I am always glad when Kevin agrees to watch her on his own!

Saturday was the 4th of July, so we went to Goessel for a picnic/BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa Nickel's house with uncle Kenton and cousin Sam - as everyone else in the Nickel family was at Convention in Columbus, OH. It was a beautiful evening, but when the neighbors started shooting off their fireworks, Corynn and Sam were ready to come inside, away from the noise.

Here are a few photos from this week - June 29 - July 5:


Had to get a photo of Corynn in her cute jean shorts outfit. (The only reason these shorts fit her is because she's now wearing her cloth diapers!)


I tried to get a good photo of Corynn and her daddy, but Corynn kept looking away or making funny faces, like this one.


Corynn fell asleep one afternoon on her activity mat holding on to one of the hanging toys (by the tail and tag). This particular one plays music every time you pull on it, so it was randomly going off when she flinched in her sleep; but she kept a tight grip on it! Quite funny!


This is how I found her sleeping one morning - feet crossed and arms under her head, wedged into the corner of her crib. I thought it was just too cute!

No comments: