Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend in KC

This weekend we were able to spend a few hours in the Kansas City area in honor of another triathlon. However, this time we had some company (aka the Nickel family) join us for the event which was a nice change!

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott - which is a big upgrade from our usual EconoLodge-type hotels - and enjoyed the cleanliness, friendly staff, and the swimming pool (for a few minutes at least since we didn't make it to the water till after supper and nearly bedtime before race day).

Corynn was giddy from the moment she entered the elevator
to go down to the pool, and had a great time with grandma,
papa and uncle Kenton in the water

On race morning Kevin, Corynn and I headed to the race site early and waited for the other "green shirts" to arrive. Now that we have matching "Nickel support crew" t-shirts, it's a lot easier to keep track of the rest of our cheering section!
Corynn was the one who reminded me to pack the cow bells,
and then was one who kept reminding me to get them out
when daddy was coming into view during the race. She loved
ringing them loudly for daddy and even yelled for him a
couple times during the race.


I was so thankful for the help of family during the race this weekend - especially when it came to entertaining and carrying Corynn around! I was pretty exhausted and sore afterwards, and I was only watching the race. I guess it's probably good that this will be the last big race I will be at till after the baby arrives.

One happy family after Kevin WON yet another race for this season!!

No comments: