Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our Little Princess and...

This week - January 16-22 - it seemed like everything revolved around Princesses! Corynn is very picky about what she wears these days, and this week I think she wore everything princess-related that we have in the house - sometimes several things at the same time. Thankfully we have numerous hand-me-down shirts and sweatshirts with princesses on them or she might have just worn the same outfit every day of the week.


Here she is with her princess crown, princess shirt and princess slippers! (And who knows if she was also wearing her princess panties :) She certainly is our little Princess!

And shortly before Christmas, Corynn got this new shirt and gets very excited when I let her wear it! (Never mind that she also insisted on wearing a hooded towel on her head and her footie pajamas over her clothes this particular day.)


Yep, that's right - Corynn is going to be a big sister this summer! July 21, 2012 is the current due date!!

We told Corynn and our families at Christmas and everyone is very excited! Corynn seems to understand what's going on and when I ask her if she wants a little brother or sister, she often replies "but I'M the sister!"

She's already helped us with some name options (Melissa is her favorite name so far), has decided she will be in charge of picking out the baby's clothes (which will be pink and purple even if it's a boy), and her opinion on the gender changes from week to week, even including a few days when she wanted a brother AND sister! (As far as we've been told, we are NOT having multiples!)

This week marked the 3 month point for my pregnancy. I'm already wearing maternity clothes and showing much more than I did with Corynn. In fact I feel like I look like I did when I was 5 or 6 month pregnant with Corynn, which is exciting, but also makes me wonder just how big I'll get this time around!

I have dealt with a lot more nausea during this pregnancy than I did with Corynn, but thankfully that has subsided and I can finally return to the kitchen to cook and eat again! It was a blessing and curse to have all of the great holiday meals during my first few months of pregnacy; 1) because I didn't have to cook and was often up for eating if it wasn't in my house, but 2) I just didn't have the appetite I wanted to have with all the wonderful food around.

In a few weeks we'll have our official midway sonogram, but probably won't find out the gender of the baby before he/she arrives in July! Might be a little difficult if Corynn gets stuck on wanting a sister or brother and the opposite comes, but we'll deal with that when the time comes! For now the surprise it worth waiting for.

So since my due date is on the 21st, I decided I would once again take a photo every month on the 21st until the baby arrives...

3 months along

So hopefully you'll give me a little slack for being so delinquent with my blog posts lately. For one particular reason, going to bed early has become a priority rather than updating my blog! Hopefully you'll forgive me and one of these days I'll get caught back up!

No comments: