On Friday night, Corynn and I went to Fischer Field in Newton for the NRC Easter egg hunt, although "hunt" is a very relative term when it comes to this event. The field was covered with hundreds of eggs, and before they said "go," the sidelines were covered with hundreds of parents and kiddos. When it was time the kids could run onto the field and collect as many eggs as they wanted. Corynn was in awe and just stood next to the eggs, almost missing out on all the action. Eventually she got the hang of it and ran after a few eggs and candy. I think she ended up collecting 5 eggs before they were all gone. Then we tried to go say hi to the Easter bunny, but...

this is as close as she wanted to get, and I didn't force it.
And since we were at Athletic Park - and the Easter egg hunt took all of 10 minutes - we played on one of the playgrounds for a while till it was time to head home to bed.

Saturday was the Peters' Easter gathering at my parent's house which meant more hunting for eggs and delicious food!
Corynn was in charge of finding the purple eggs, with the help of papa, as the rest of us had our own eggs to find too.

And since she found her eggs so quickly, she had plenty of time to swing while the rest of us searched the yard for our eggs.

Corynn was very excited about Easter Sunday...

but she wouldn't pose nicely for me in her new dress.
We did find these cuties in the nursery after church though:

Cousin Sam and Sophia

Then Corynn and I ran around outside church for a while - she refused to put her sweater back on, but looks a little cold in this picture.
Then we headed over to Alexanderwohl Church for another Easter egg hunt (that my mom was in charge of).

Corynn was a pro by this point, and was so cute shaking each of the eggs as she picked them up.
And then of course it was off to the church playground after the hunt had ended. Good thing her dress is washable!


But the Easter fun didn't end there. For lunch on Sunday we went to my uncle and aunts house for another wonderful meal and afternoon naps - for all!
Then in the evening we headed over to papa and grandma Nickel's house for another family Easter get-together, complete with dying eggs, an egg hunt, and crepe buffet!

Helping color eggs

Searching for her Easter gifts in the back yard

And of course a trip to the park is a must every time we're in Goessel now

Happy Easter from our family to yours!
So other than the Easter activities we were busy with this weekend, there were actually some more high- (and low) lights from our week. A few other optional titles for this week's post could have been:
"Big Girl Bed"
"I Can't Remember the Last Time..." or
"Sleepy Sleeperson"
Let me explain...
There had been a little too much of this happening at our house, so...
we made this change:

Who would have guessed that taking the side of her crib off and putting up a toddler bed rail would make ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE! She loves climbing in and out of her "new" bed during the day, but every morning when she wakes up, she refuses to get out of bed herself and cries for us until we come into her room and encourage her to crawl out herself. We just assumed making this change would allow her to crawl out during the night and come wake us up, but that is the last thing on her mind at this point! I guess that's a good thing, right?!
Several times this week I was prompted to think to myself, "I can't remember the last time Corynn... (fill in the blank)." For instance when she pooped in her diaper two mornings in a row, I thought "I can't remember the last time I had to wash out a poopy diaper." She had been doing so good at going on the toilet that it was quite a shock for all of us when we went back to having to clean up after such a mess!
And when Corynn woke up at 3:45am one morning, ready to get out of bed, I said to Kevin, "I can't remember the last time she woke up in the middle of the night."
Although both of those moments brought be back to reality that we do in fact have a toddler in the house, it would be ok with me if I never had to "think" about those things again! :)
And speaking of sleep, Corynn must be growing because she averaged 12 hours of sleep almost every night this week. In the past if we put her to bed too late (after 9pm), she would be up numerous times during the night letting us know; but this week her bed time got later and later, and yet she continued to sleep through the night - one morning until 9:30am. In addition to her long nights, Corynn took a 3 hour nap one day and 2+ hour naps several other days, which is about twice as long as they had been in previous days! I was so thankful for these long naps, as I was plenty busy with bank work this week and was able to get lots done during those quite hours!
So that's a look into our Easter week - April 18-24! Here are just a couple more photos:

Easter eggs were a favorite to play with this week. One afternoon she decided to take them apart and line them all up

Taking such good care of her babies
No comments:
Post a Comment