Sunday, February 27, 2011

Morning with Myra

Monday of this week was Presidents' Day, so for me, that meant a day off of work!! Knowing that, I volunteered to watch our niece Myra for the morning while her mom went to work. This was our trial run as I'm going to start watching Myra regularly two mornings a week in March when Renae returns to teaching post-maternity leave.


Corynn was actually a big help and very patient with me when I told her I couldn't carry her three dolls and stuffed animals because I was carrying Myra (for instance).


Myra was super easy to take care of: she slept, ate, played, and slept some more! I think we probably only heard her fuss once because she was hungry and her bottle was still warming up. I look forward to many more mornings like this in the future!

Other news from this week (February 21-27):
- Corynn's last eye tooth finally appeared on Thursday
- Some of her new and favorite phrases recently are: "Oofta,""What 'cha doing mommy?" and "What's mommy talking about?" when she doesn't understand something I've said.
- She's picked up my habit of sacastically saying "What!?" whenever something we say is silly, and she says it all the time now.
- Corynn continues to be a monkey and pushes the limits on what I'm comfortable with her doing. Like sitting on the very top edge of the couch and standing on the kitchen counter when I've put her up there to sit and watch me make supper.


So sweet and innocent-looking

No comments: