Sunday, August 2, 2009

Favorite Things

Once again, nothing too exciting happened during the week (July 27 - August 2). We slowly adjusted to life back in Kansas and got back into working after our week off. Unfortunately Corynn's habit of not sleeping during vacation wasn't just a Colorado phase, as she decided she doesn't want to sleep alone or in her crib anymore (or so it seems). Many, too many, nights she slept in bed with us again, which meant no one got much sleep! The up side (if you can call it that) is that we think she is ACTUALLY teething now, so perhaps this sleeping phase will pass once her teeth come in - which should only take a year or two right?!

On Friday we had a little excitement at our house while we had the basement foundation of the old house on our yard cleaned up. Corynn and I watched the big excavator throughout the afternoon move cement and dirt, dig a huge hole, and cover everything back up. What a difference that made. I can't wait to make that area look nice, for once! Since I didn't take any photos of Corynn this week, here are few from this excitement.


The way things looked before


and during


the finished product (with Corynn and I in the shadows)

I realize it has been a while since I commented on what Corynn is into, so I thought it would be fun to share with you a list of some of the things she enjoys doing these days.

Some of her favorite things:
-playing peek-a-boo
-any toy that squeaks
-looking at books
-rubber ducks
-naps with daddy
-afternoons with the grandmas
-shaking anything that rattles
-looking in the mirror
-her pacifier! and anything else she can chew on
-sitting and playing with her basket of toys
-"flying," "falling," and standing
-cuddling with any stuffed animal (especially when she's tired)
-being tickled (or maybe that's just my favorite since it makes her giggle!)
-rolling and rolling and rolling
-saying "mama," "dada," and "nana" (which may either mean 'banana' or 'grandma')
-giving high-fives and waving hi and bye
-feeling and patting the floor, her blanket, the couch, etc.
-bath time with her bath toys and bubbles
-learning about kitties and puppies and their sounds
-going for rides in her stroller
-making mommy smile and laugh throughout the day :)

No comments: