Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Big Trip

This weekend Corynn took her first big trip - to Missouri. Kevin had a triathlon in Columbia, MO on Sunday, so we all made a weekend of it - leaving home Saturday morning and returning Sunday evening. Corynn did great on the way out there, with only an hour stop for lunch and stretching. On the way home she had just about enough of her car seat by Emporia, so it was a noisy last hour of the trip. But for 11 hours in the car this weekend, one hour of fussing wasn't too bad!

Besides this being her first long trip in the car, this was also Corynn's first trip to another state, her first night in a hotel room, and our first experience packing up everything we needed for a weekend with an infant. Amazingly, I don't think we forgot anything major (for the baby) and we all had a good time (plus Kevin placed 3rd at the tri which was great!).


Waiting for the triathlon swim to begin


Posing with daddy after the race


We got tired of driving, so we let Corynn take a shift :)

During our hours in the car, I started reading the book "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" in hopes of gaining some knowledge of how to get Corynn to sleep through the night - without letting her cry it out. I didn't get through the whole book, but it gave me a few good suggestions so far.

And speaking of sleeping, here are a few sleepy photos from the rest of the week - April 27 - May 3:


While I was putting away Corynn's clean clothes one evening, I laid her in her crib to play, and a few minutes later, this is what I found. I think it's so cute how she's holding on to her elephant.


Sleeping in her Boppy by mommy's desk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Yvette! So fun to see all the pictures of Corynn! She's adorable!

Re: a sleep book, when I worked at the clinic I came across a great one... Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. It's great! I had to read it in order to lead a group back when I was working at the clinic but as a mom, I'm glad to have read it!

Sounds like all is well and we're thrilled for you! We're doing great. Aaron has 3 more weeks until the end of his quarter and we can't wait! Miles is 10 months now! He loves to clap, dance, and say "ma ma ma!" He scoots on his tummy and while sitting and is very close to crawling. Every day is something new! We're excited to explore Chicago this summer with friends... first on the list is the aquarium! :)

Look forward to seeing you all this summer! We'll be heading out to KS in July or August.

Take care!
Linds