Friday, January 9, 2009

Third Week

Corynn's third week brought more excitement than we wished for. We went in for her routine 2-week appointment on Tuesday and were immediately admitted to the hospital because she had not gained any weight since we left the hospital after her birth.

After several IV's, blood draws, and lots of tears (from mom and baby), we were able to go home on New Year's Days. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with Corynn, which was wonderful news to hear, but they're still stumped as to why she's not gaining weight. This wasn't exactly the way we planned to ring in the new year, but I guess it was better to get this checked out than just assume all was well.

A few photos from the third week - Dec. 29-Jan. 4. (I wasn't sure if I wanted to remember the experience in the hospital, so I didn't take any photos while we were there.)


Playing in her bouncy seat


Our precious sleeping baby (she likes to sleep with her mouth and eyes open - seriously!)


All the cards and flowers in honor of Corynn

1 comment:

Kara Janzen said...

So excited to see some more pictures!! I hope things are still going well for you guys. We've been thinking of you and praying for you lots. I can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy soon! I miss you!!